Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Planning ahead

I can't stress this enough only because I don't do this often enough myself. There are many keys to success and one of them is EXCELLENT planning. Well, at least for today I can say I'm having fulfilling and nutrient rich meals.

Side note: Planning ahead will also keep a little extra money in your pocket.  If you use the groceries you already have for your meals, you won't be caught off guard and have to buy something from the office cafeteria or a fast food joint.

Breakfast:
Plant based and protein rich!
I love Sun Warrior protein! Not only is it high in protein but it's the first protein powder I've had that not only tastes good but is made of ingredients I can pronounce and feel comfortable putting in my body! It is plant based.

My morning protein shake consists of a TBS of almond butter
8-10 ice cubes
1 banana
1 scoop of protein powder
Cinnamon
Sometimes one pinch of stevia

Lunch:
More of the Southwestern Chicken Salad pictured in yesterday's post minus the chicken and a no sugar added fruit cup.

Snacks will be fruit i.e. bananas and apples
Since hubby will not be home, dinner tonight will likely be a Kale smoothie.  One of my favorites.

2-4cups of frozen Kale
1 cup of frozen fruit (blueberries, strawberries)
.5 cup of water
pinch of Stevia

No comments:

Post a Comment