Thursday, July 19, 2012

Smoothie Smoothie Smoothies!

As of late, I've been enthralled in Smoothie Land. At first, I used it as a quick way to get my veggies in but now I'm allowing myself to play around with some of the lighter more sweet recipes but still nutritious.

First up: Sweet potato smoothie!!!

1 sweet potato with skin (chopped in 4)
1 TBS of vanilla flavored protein powder
2-3 TBS of plain yogurt (could do vanilla)
1-2 TBS of almond flour or peanut flour
1c almond milk
Cinnamon
Maybe 1-2 TBS of Honey, brown sugar or maple syrup for sweetness depending on your preference
Chill in fridge and serve
Bon A petit! :)

Big thank you to my sister-in law Adrienne for being willing to be my taste tester!!! I can always count on her to be down for anything! :)

I wish I caught a pic of her giving her approving thumbs up. But here's a pic of the last of my concoction.

No comments:

Post a Comment