Tuesday, April 26, 2011

6 Week Body Make Over Day 2 4.26.11

My dog ate it....quite literally.  He ate it!

My breakfast that is!  I was running late this morning and hurriedly packing my meals, (which by the way is the exact same blandness of yesterday due to me not prepping the night before).
No worries, the lecture of proper planning is still echoing in my head! I could have thought of unique or creative ways to season my tuna, greens and maybe even switch up the veggies but alas, would've, could've and should've... Anyway, I got up early this morning (not early enough apparently b/c I was still late to work) and prepped an 'on plan' recipe for Crock Pot Chicken Soup.  It felt really good to see all these fresh and wholesome things and know that it would soon feed and most importantly, nourish my family.
This will serve as our lunch and dinner starting tonight or tomorrow.  And to get ahead of the curve this time around, I'm going to make another crock pot sensation tonight.  That should keep us going and give a little variety.  I'm really loving this whole crock pot concept.  One more thing I would love to add to my kitchen is a juicer---a really good juicer.  I just get dreamy at the idea of endless possibilities and ways to POWER nourish my body!  Just how much goodness can I blend up to get one potent fountain of youth drink? 

I think every kitchen should have a crock pot, vacuum sealer and a really, really good juicer!  Those are the keys items that help with meal prep, time and healthy eating.   I probably could use something that purees things well too...who knows, a juicer may do that for me too.  Oh, and a rice cooker!  A good rice cooker.  Mine doesn't work very well, so I'm definitely on the lookout for a new one.

Ok now, to get back to my dog, my loving friend and one who helps me get through the mundane things in life by always being by my side...which I now realize is just to be there in case I drop food or thoughtlessly place something within his reach.

He joined me at O'dark 30 this morning as I prepared dinner and my meals for the day.  But eventually fell asleep watching me.  I have a make shift lunch bag which really is a grocery tote that I placed on the floor as I carted completed dishes to it...get where this is going?  I had made turkey bacon and wrapped it in a sandwich bag and I'm sure you can guess what happened from there.

Bottom line,  I got one disappointed puppy who wasn't able to finish his act of banditry.  He pretended to be sleep and waited for the right moment to strike.  He took it, carried it off to his room, UNwrapped the bacon and was happily munching away until I caught him and cut his revelry short.
I took it away and put it on the counter but since it has dog slobber on it. I know I'll give it to him later...but for now...NO SOUP for you Oscar!!















How did I do today?  So glad you asked.  I didn't really experience the hunger pangs I did yesterday and I also haven't had much cravings....except for the moment I was in the cafeteria and saw freshly baked cookies.  But even that wasn't hard.  Very surprising.  Also, I know I shouldn't have and I won't do this going forward, but I was curious how I did day 1 of the program and reweighed myself only to find, I lost 2lbs!!!  Woooooooooooo! Go me! I'll let that be my motivation for the balance of the week.  My next weigh in will be Saturday.  That will complete wk 1 of the accelerated fat loss program.  Next week, I move on to the official 6 week body make over program.

No comments:

Post a Comment